Welcome to the Principal's Corner!
I want to thank you for your patience as I begin this new step in technology. The first semester of the school year has flown by, and the students, parents and staff have been absolutely wonderful to work with. I appreciate all of the time and effort Mr. Campbell and Shannon have put into our new student information software system (Lumen) to make it such a useful tool this year. An exciting feature with this new software is a student portal and a parent portal, which allows students and parents access to their student's account to see grades, assignments, lunch count balances and attendance. I encourage students and parents to logon and explore the many features this exciting new program has to offer.
I'm sure you have heard about the color groups that the secondary students are involved in, as part of the school's focus on 21st century learning (aka Vision 21). In addition to a change in the school culture and climate, the secondary teachers have started adding problem-based learning into their classrooms. Teachers are incorporating real-life problems into the curriculum, which becomes another way of demonstrating their skills. Students have been making health product presentations, building catapults, figuring the rate at which chemical spills will reach the fresh water system and the list goes on. I encourage you to ask your student what kind of projects they are working on this semester, as there will be more and more implemented into the curriculum.
As you may also be aware, we will be facing some challenging times as we plan for next year. There will be an informational meeting on Monday, Feb. 22 at 7pm sharing the findings of the 4 day week committee. If you have questions or are curious about the committee's findings I encourage you to come to the meeting.
In closing I want to again say thank you to the community, staff and students for making the first half of my first year as 7-12 Principal most enjoyable. Go Bulldogs!